Saturday, September 26, 2015

Brown Sugar Fudge


 Brown Sugar Fudge came out creamy with a great butterscotch flavor


I am not, generally speaking, a candy man. Either making it or eating it. Don’t get me wrong, I love the sweets, but straight sugar injections have never really done it for me. Until now, that is.


The recipe follows the same basic approach of the others online, only five simple ingredients involved:


Brown Sugar Fudge
3 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup heavy cream
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
And essentially, you just throw it all in a pot. Heat to the soft ball stage  should only take about 5-8 minutes. Let it cool for about 40 minutes and beat with a whisk until its lighter in color and no longer glossy. That could take a couple minutes, don’t worry, keep going.
Dump the whole mess into a greased pan. They suggest a 9×9, but I found that to make a pretty thin layer so I moved it all into a snugger 6×6. The stuff will keep for a month or so with a tight fitting lid in place.

came from the lost recipes cook book

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slow cooker deep dish pizza

This is amazing and everyone will love it here is a no knead bread recipe I use as you can make it and leave it wrapped in the fridge for...